Representation from Categoricity to Definability
Conference + Workshop + Exhibition
Mapping Traces is an interdisciplinary conference+workshop, a joint event involving Mathematicians, Philosophers, Artists and Art Critics, that will take place on November 8, 10 and 11, 2014, in Bogotá, Colombia. The main venue of the event will be the Leopoldo Rother Architecture Museum at Universidad Nacional de Colombia. An emblematic building of the campus, it was designed in modernist style in 1945 as the university press building, by the architect whose name it carries.
Entrada libre hasta completar aforo.
Graphs / Traces
As an exercise in cross pollination between disciplines we encourage the participants to create their own graph of their presentation with the intention of linking the trace of their own conceptualizations and the work of various local artists whose oeuvre has connections with the subjects of the conference. NOTE: these graphs will be blended with the art exhibition! They will be made part of the exhibition during the event.
- Ignacio Ávila, Philosophy, Universidad Nacional, Bogotá.
- John Baldwin, Mathematics, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Xavier Caicedo, Mathematics, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá.
- Alexander Cruz, Mathematics, IMPA, Rio de Janeiro.
- Estefanía Cubaque, Mathematics, Universidad Nacional, Bogotá.
- Clemencia Echeverri, Art, Bogotá.
- Ana María Franco, Art History, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá
- Rafael Hurtado, Physics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá.
- Carmen María Jaramillo, Philosophy, Art History, Bogotá.
- Juliette Kennedy, Mathematics and Philosophy, University of Helsinki and Helsinki Institute of Advanced Studies.
- Margarita Malagón-Kurka, Art History and Philosophy, Knoxville and Bogotá.
- Alejandro Martín, Art and Philosophy, Icesi and Museo La Tertulia, Cali.
- Bernardo Ortiz, Draftsman, Bogotá.
- Sylvia Suárez, Art History, Universidad Nacional, Bogotá.
- Jorge Eduardo Useche, Physics and Music Theory, Universidad Nacional, Bogotá.
- Jouko Väänänen, Mathematics, University of Amsterdam and University of Helsinki.
- Beatriz Vallejo, Political Science and International Relations, Bogotá.
- Fernando Zalamea, Mathematics, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá.
Art Exhibition, 6 to 21 November
Third floor, Architecture Museum.
- María Clara Cortés, Instituto de Investigaciones Estéticas, Universidad Nacional, Bogotá.
- Andrés Villaveces, Departamento de Matemáticas, Universidad Nacional, Bogotá.
We thank heartfully Carmen María Jaramillo, Juliette Kennedy, María Margarita Malagón, Alejandro Martín and Fernando Zalamea for their generous support to the conception and organization of this event.
Departamento de Matemáticas
Instituto de Investigaciones Estéticas